DotNetNuke® is the number one web content management platform (CMS) in the Microsoft ecosystem. The product is used to build professional looking and easy-to-use commercial websites, social intranets, partner extranets or community portals. The DotNetNuke project powers more than 700,000 websites globally. And also boasts a powerful community support network of more than 1 million members.
This latest version of DotNetNuke builds on the already strong Web Content Management System (WCMS) capabilities, and enables businesses to quickly build internal social networks to improve collaboration, communication and employee productivity. It also enables the creation of external communities that turn customers into advocates, which lowers support cost and increases revenue opportunities.
There are also thousands of commercial extensions, apps and skins, which are available at the DotNetNuke Store.
DotNetNuke 7 Community Edition - Key Features
- Improved user friendly interface
- New Control Panel with Drag & Drop support.
- Services Framework (WebAPI)
- DAL2 - A new simpler data tier for DotNetNuke developers.
- Can be hosted in the cloud (Microsoft Azure)
- A DotNetNuke Store containing thousands of solutions for everyday problems.
- A New Social API (in DNN 6.2 and above)
- Mobile API and basic mobile device detection
- A versatile and modular core and very extensible architecture.
- Easy administration management features
- Full multi-language localization support
- Robust security